A nod to our industrial heritage.
The base of The Forge takes cues from vintage cast iron industrial equipment, like the planers and jointers you’ll find at the Sandtown woodshop. We set out to create a base that felt substantial (but not bulky), detailed (but not ornate), timeless (not dated). We contemplated every contour of the steel base, until we landed on the design that felt just right. The wood stretcher, finished to match the tabletop, was the final detail.
- Standard height: 30"
- Tabletop thickness: 1 3/4" - 2"
- Wood species: Salvaged, old-growth pine
- Protective finish: Hard wax oil
- Use coasters under glasses & hot plates under very hot items.
- Apply a wood conditioner every year or so. We recommend Butcher Block Conditioner by a company called Howard.
- Over time, expect to see slight changes to the wood. Small splits and slight cupping & bowing are natural.
Handmade in 12 weeks.
As your table is being built, we'll keep you posted with production updates.
We guarantee our craftsmanship and our materials will hold up for a lifetime.
White glove delivery.
We've just expanded delivery to now include all of VA, DC, MD, DE, PA, NJ, & NY.