Our Forge Dining Table, built from 131 year-old Special Edition beams.
The wood we salvaged from 1401 S. Hanover St in Baltimore, most recently home to the American Rescue Workers Church, makes for a stunning tabletop. The original 3"x12" dimension of the beams translates to a tabletop with only 3-4 unusually wide boards. The original sawmarks still show through prominently, and the end grain is a thing of beauty. They don't make 'em like this anymore, that's for sure.
- Standard height: 30"
- Tabletop thickness: 1 3/4" - 2"
- Wood species: Salvaged, old-growth pine
- Protective finish: Hard wax oil
- Custom emblem featuring the address where the wood came from: 1401 S. Hanover St.
- Use coasters under glasses & hot plates under very hot items.
- Apply a wood conditioner every year or so. We recommend Howard Butcher Block Conditioner (available on Amazon).
- Over time, expect to see slight changes to the wood. Small splits and slight cupping & bowing are natural.
Handmade in 12 weeks.
As your table is being built, we'll keep you posted with production updates.
We guarantee our craftsmanship and our materials will hold up for a lifetime.
White glove delivery.
We've just expanded delivery to now include all of VA, DC, MD, DE, PA, NJ, & NY.